Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Oatmeal and Pumpkin...and Chocolate Chips...oh my!

Day 4.... umm that's it? Day friggin' 4! What did I get myself into!
 
I was up bright and early...ok well it was bright, it may not have been early, but who's counting! I set right to get my baking done before it was time to go to work. I couldn't decide, and I didn't have much time, so I pulled out old faithful (The Happy Herbivore cookbook) and decided on Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies! They are vegan, they are borderline no fat and I added a handful of non-dairy Chocolate Chips...who doesn't love chocolate chips in their cookies? and if you don't...then you should probably get that checked out.... 
 
Anyhoo, here we go! Started off with my handy dandy recipe holder...one of my favorite kitchen accessories - seriousally, brilliant!
 
 
 

Ingredients

  • 6 tbsp canned pure pumpkin
  • ¼ cup pure maple syrup
  • ½ cup raw sugar         (I used Splenda because it's all I had on hand)            
  • ½ whole banana, mashed
  • 2 tbsp plant-based milk
  • 1½ cups rolled oats
  • ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • ¼ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ cup non-dairy chocolate chips        
  • Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, maple, sugar, banana and non-dairy milk together. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice together and then transfer it into the wet mixture. Stir a few times then add raisins. Continue to mix until combined. It may look too dry initially, but keep stroking, it will incorporate perfectly. Drop spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and spring-like.                                        
This recipes says it makes about 10 cookies, I ended up with almost 20!         
 
They'll be around MYC for you yogi's this evening :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment